At UYC we offer a varied training program for juniors & adults members, from beginners to those with more experience following the RYA sailing scheme. We are also in the fantastic position this year of having a variety of club boats for members use so everyone has the opportunity to join in. We hope to offer the following over the year.
RYA Youth Scheme for juniors. (8 – 16 years).
• Stage 1 Basic understanding of how a boat sails and sailing under supervision in light winds.
• Stage 2 Developing a range of sailing skills and becoming a confident sailor.
• Stage 3 Rigging, launching and being able to sail independently in moderate conditions.
• Stage 4 Developing the skills to sail a double-handed boat as crew or helm.
RYA National Sailing Scheme for Adults and 16+
• Level 1 An introduction to the sport how to get afloat and sail under supervision in light winds.
• Level 2 Developing sailing skills and becoming a competent sailor in lighter winds.
• Level 3 Consolidating skills and introducing some new skills from the advanced modules.
• Racing From Club racing to Regattas – all you need to know.
• Seamanship Skills How to handle the boat in all circumstances.
• Sailing with Spinnakers Everything you need to know about sailing with asymmetric/conventional spinnakers.
We will be running three courses this year the dates being as follows;
Course A Training weekend 10.00-16.00 hours 11-12th May
Course B Saturday morning course 10.00-12.00 25th May, 1st, 8th, 22nd June.
Course C Saturday morning course 10.00-12.00 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, September
To attend any of these courses you must pre-book your place.
There is a charge of £40 for each course when using your own boat and £50 when using a club boat. If you want to discuss any of these courses please contact Claire Neilson email@example.com. Under 16’s must have a responsible adult on site at all times during the courses to supervise them during lunch and breaks and in case they need to come off the water at any time.
Bookings for course A and B will be open from the beginning of April. Bookings for course A will close on 1st May and course B on the 15th May. Details and bookings for course C will be available later in the season after course B.
For any booking related enquiries please contact Maria Golden firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately it is not possible to accommodate all levels for each course however depending on demand it may be possible to run additional courses to those listed on booking form e.g. youth stage 4. If you are interested in any other courses please send e mail indicating what course you would be interested in and which course you would be able to attend.
During the course of the year we will be also running
Power Boat 2 Course Suitable for those wishing to helm club safety boat cost £20.00
First Aid Course First Aid in a boating environment cost £20.00
For further information on these courses please Clare Clarke email@example.com
Details will also be available on the web site and notice board.