Club Training 2021 dates
UYC is a recognised RYA Training Centre, this means we run courses throughout the year in accordance with the RYA schemes. All our instructors are fully qualified and are usually volunteers from within the club. Whether you are just starting out or wanting to develop your current skills, there will be a programme to suit you.
Training schedule for UYC members 2021
The training sessions can be booked via Calendar on this website, or click on the links:
Adult RYA training - 10am till 4pm
Cost £115 per person including boat hire Ratio 1:3
Saturday 8/ Sunday 9 May: Adult level one -
Saturday 19/ Sunday 20 June: Adult level two -
Saturday 7/ Sunday 8 August: Adult level one -
Saturday 28/Sunday 29 August: Adult level two -
Junior training weekend - 10am till 4pm
Cost £50 per person. Boat hire £25 if required. Ratio 1:
Saturday 15/Sunday 16 May:
Junior Saturday morning Spring training - 10am till 12
Cost £50 per person. Boat hire £25 if required. Ratio 1:6
Saturday 22 May
Saturday 29 May
Saturday 5 June
Saturday 12 June
Sunday 25 to Friday 30 July: Sail Camp.
Junior Saturday morning Autumn training -10am till 12
Cost £50 per person. Boat hire £25 If required. Ratio 1:6
Saturday 4 September
Saturday 11 September
Saturday 18 September
Saturday 25 September
Coached Saturdays, free, no booking required
Blokes in Boats, (BIB) Ladies Who Launch (LWL) Youth & Junior (YAJ) 10am till 12
Saturday 1 May
Saturday 8 May
Saturday 19 June
Saturday 26 June
Saturday 10 July
Saturday 25 July
Saturday 28 August
Adult Training (age 16+) 2 Day courses following the RYA Adult Scheme:
* Level 1 Start Sailing an introduction to the sport covering the minimum knowledge to get afloat and sail under supervision in light winds.
* Level 2 Basic Skills Covering the foundations of the sport and enabling you to sail independently in good conditions.
* Level 3 Better Sailing Consolidating skills learnt in levels 1 and 2, and introducing some new skills from the advanced modules.
Junior Training (age 8-16) 2 Day courses following the RYA Junior Scheme:
* Stage 1 A basic understanding of how a boat sails with some experience of handling a boat under supervision.
* Stage 2 Developing a range of sailing skills and knowledge and becoming well on the way to being a confident sailor.
* Stage 3 Rigging, launching and being able to sail in any direction independently in moderate conditions.
* Stage 4 Developing the skills to sail a double-handed boat
Advanced Modules Both for adults and juniors upon completion of the above (Stage 4 optional):
* Seamanship Skills
* Sailing with spinnakers
* Start Racing
* Performance Sailing
Dinghy Instructor Training
A five-day course for competent sailors, with current first aid and powerboat level 2, who would like to inspire others and promote the sport of sailing.
Powerboat Level 2 These are 2 day courses to help you gain essential skills in handling powerboats. These skills can be utilised when on safety duty. You can also book on for a direct assessment if you an experienced powerboater.
First Aid A one-day nationally recognised course with a bias towards water sports.
For further information on booking and course dates please speak to our Sailing Manager Edmund Clarke, 07826 382612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 08:30 on 19 January 2021